Our Clinical Exercise Classes have been developed by our Physiotherapists to assist with injury management and performance enhancement and involve the use of Pilates equipment, light weights, theraband, fitballs, foam rollers and other small props. These pieces of exercise equipment enable the participant to target specific muscle groups and joints effectively and efficiently. Our exercises involve a seamless mix of Pilates inspired movement and functional movements and exercises to ensure that your goals of pain reduction, increased strength, endurance and core stability are all achieved.
At Impact Physiotherapy we have people of all ages and levels of fitness, from beginners to the advanced, who participate in our Clinical Exercise Classes. Because our classes are individualised, we take into account any pre-existing injuries, aches and pains and tailor the exercises to achieve the outcomes that match your goals.
Clinical Exercise focuses on:
- Developing strength and control of the ‘core’ muscle groups such as the deep abdominal, pelvic floor, hip and back muscles.
- Optimising flexibility throughout the body
- Creating efficiency of movement by optimising strength and endurance of our deep and superficial muscles and;
- Creating better awareness of breathing and posture in a range of different positions.
Clinical Exercise is effective in enabling optimal movement in the body and enhancing overall health and fitness. The benefits of our Clinical Exercise Classes include:
- Improved core stability
- Improved muscle strength, endurance, flexibility and tone
- Improved joint mobility
- Improved posture
- Correction of muscle imbalances
- Improved coordination and balance
- Relief from tension and stress
- Facilitation of rehabilitation and prevention of injury
- Complementary to other methods of exercise.
Conditions often helped by Clinical Exercise include:
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain,
- Shoulder, hip, knee and ankle problems
- Post surgery strengthening
- Pre and post pregnancy strength and fitness
- Postural problems
- Poor balance
- General deconditioning
However Clinical Exercise isn’t just useful in rehabilitating problem areas, it can also be used effectively to improve optimal performance in areas such as:
- Improving running technique
- Increasing general fitness levels
- Improving specific sporting goals – tennis, golf, dancing etc
Clinical Exercise Classes at Impact
Your Clinical Exercise sessions will commence with a one-on-one assessment with our Physiotherapist. This assessment will identify the Clinical Exercise program and exercises that will work best for you. During this consultation our Physiotherapist will introduce you to five key posture, movement and breathing principles, the equipment and some exercises for you to commence at home.
Ongoing sessions are run semi-privately with a maximum of 3 people in a one hour session with one of our fully qualified physiotherapists. One on one sessions are also available for 30 minutes. All exercises are closely supervised to ensure correct technique and safety. Exercises are progressed and changed according to your need. We focus on meeting objective measures and changing our measures as you reach your goals.
Please call us for our Clinical Exercise timetable.
Should you be interested in attending our Clinical Exercise Classes please call us on 9446 3833 to arrange an initial assessment appointment.
Please Note: A rebate for our Clinical Exercise Classes will normally be claimable from your private health fund.