Impact Physiotherapy has an onsite hydrotherapy pool to assist patient rehabilitation.
Hydrotherapy is a term used to describe a structured exercise program in a heated pool. Our pool is heated to 34 degrees. Patients are able to move painful, stiff joints and muscles more easily in the warm water than on land due to the relative weightlessness and buoyancy as well as the soothing nature of warm water.
Hydrotherapy treatment enables patients to improve muscle and joint flexibility as well as increasing strength. With guidance from our physiotherapists, patients are progressed through a range of exercises which may not be possible on land due to pain and stiffness.
Hydrotherapy is often very beneficial for patients who have had:
- Orthopaedic surgery such as hip and knee replacement, spinal surgery, ankle, knee and shoulder surgery.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents resulting in whiplash and soft tissue injury.
- Arthritic complaints such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis etc.
- Joint and muscle stiffness following injury.
We have two types of Hydrotherapy sessions:
- Rehabilitation where the patient is given a specific program personalised to their injury or problem.
- Arthritis Class where each patient participates in a group setting and is taken through a general exercise program in the pool by the physiotherapist.
Hydrotherapy sessions at Impact Physiotherapy
Our Rehabilitation and Arthritis hydrotherapy sessions commence following a one off land assessment with one of our physiotherapists in the treatment rooms. This allows the physiotherapist to assess your condition, become familiar with your medical history and design a suitable hydrotherapy program for you. They will then advise which hydrotherapy session is most appropriate for your needs.
Rehabilitation Session Times:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
8.00am – 8.45am
4.30pm – 5.15pm
Arthritis Class Time:
8.45am – 9.30am
Please Note: A rebate for Hydrotherapy will normally be claimable from your private health fund.